Apply for European Commission’s Directorate General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection Recruitment 2018
European Commission’s Directorate General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection has been undergoing massive recruitment intake annually for the past years. We’ve received numerous requests by aspirants on various platforms yearning for legit information about the European Commission’s Directorate General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection Application form and guidelines for 2018/2019.
The Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO), formerly known as the European Community Humanitarian Aid Office, is the European Commission’s department for overseas humanitarian aid and for civil protection. It aims to save and preserve life, prevent and alleviate human suffering and safeguard the integrity and dignity of populations affected by natural disasters and man-made crises.
In 2013 it provided €1.35 billion for emergency relief. The European Union has been the second largest donor of humanitarian assistance since 2000. Together with its Member States, it is the world’s biggest donor of humanitarian aid, providing over 50% of the total humanitarian aid in 2009. ECHO-funded projects affect over 120 million people in 90 countries annually.
Available Vacant Positions
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
General Qualifications and Requirements.
Applicants applying for the European Commission’s Directorate General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection recruitment must possess any of the following.
- Possession of B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND in any discipline from a recognized institution
- Applicants must not be above 35 years old
- West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects including English and at least passes in two (2) other subjects; or
- National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including English Language.)
- National Diploma (ND) obtained from a recognized institution. National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution; or General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) in two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.
- Must be a computer literate.